Increasing numbers of consumers are now accessing their favorite websites on mobile devices rather than on standard desktops or laptops. Smartphone and tablet brands are now household names, and a couple of the best examples are the Android and iPhone. Business owners across various industries have excellent advertising opportunities with mobile websites. Some consumer studies reveal that a mobile web presence is quickly becoming vital for any type of company to remain competitive. For a business owner, the top benefits of adding a mobile website include higher visitor traffic, added convenience for potential customers and improved chances of getting web-based ads in front of more pairs of eyes.
Top 5 Benefits of Mobile Websites
1. Consumer Demand for Mobile Sites. According to some available data about consumer browsing habits, pulling up a standard desktop-based website on a mobile browser is a deterrent for many site visitors. Websites that have not been optimized for mobile browsing are often difficult to read, scroll through or zoom into. These types of sites have a higher bounce rate of people navigating away from them, and this trend reflects the importance of meeting consumer demand for mobile websites that work seamlessly on small screens.
2. Convenience of Mobile Browsing. People now want the convenience of accessing the web on a mobile browser from any location, such as home, work, libraries, schools, coffee shops or any other place with wireless Internet access. Waiting to get back to a home computer or office desktop just does not suffice for individuals who have grown used to pulling up mobile websites on their phones or tablets. Some of them may be interested in a business but find the same company has no mobile site. In this case, they become notably less likely to investigate further and possibly become new customers.
3. Business to Customer Interaction. Mobile websites are only starting points for a business building a web presence. Social media mobile apps also play a strong role in advertising and promotions to potential customers using mobile browsers. Individuals who “Like” or follow a business’s social media page often do so with the tap of a button on their mobile browsers.
4. Easy Integration of Mobile Social Media. Integrating a business’s social fan pages with a mobile website is a key element in building a steady customer base. More business owners are also discovering the effectiveness of offering price specials or coupon codes through mobile social media. Optimizing social pages for mobile browsing is an essential first step, and this process is now a straightforward thanks to the flexibility of mobile.
5. More Diverse Advertising. Mobile ads are now commonplace in many different apps that people install on their tablets or smartphones. Business owners are discovering the possibilities of targeted advertising to consumers who download apps in specific categories. Integrating ads for related products will cause these mobile users to take mental notes of the company name in the ads, and some may decide to tap the ad window to learn more about the business’s products and services. This type of mobile advertising is highly targeted and can be tailored to individual mobile browsing habits more so than with desktop-based browser advertising.
Mobile websites on iPhone, Android and other platforms are becoming standard elements of building a web presence for all types of businesses. Standard laptop- and desktop-based web browsers are no longer the only options for accessing sites, and more consumers are discovering the convenience of mobile browsing. Company owners who put the time and planning into a mobile website integrated with social media have excellent chances of building a solid customer base over time.
Good business starts by reaching your customers where they are. And in today’s digital marketplace, customers are mobile. Are you? We can help!
Call Toll Free: 1.877.847.8473
Get a Quick Quote here.